Recently, Cara posted an excerpt of a chapter from her book TCM Case Studies, Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders, published by Peoples Medical Publishing House on the treatment of Otitis Media.
We wanted to promote the blog with a sale on the formulas that are discussed in the excerpt. For the month of July, these formulas can be purchased for 20% off the list price. We’ll also include our signature formula Ear Clear in the sale. As always, we are happy to modify these formulas to meet your exact specifications.
The main patterns encountered when diagnosing Otitis Media are:
- External pathogenic wind invasion with channel qi obstruction: Modified Yín Qiào Săn (Lonicera and Forsythia Powder) or Sān Ào Tāng* (Rough and Ready Three Decoction)
- Liver-gallbladder damp-heat steaming the auricular orifice: Modified Lóng Dăn Xiè Gān Tāng (Gentian Liver-Draining Decoction)
- Spleen deficiency and damp congestion with damp turbidity encumbering the ear: Modified Shēn Líng Bái Zhú Săn (Ginseng, Poria and Atractylodes Macrocephalae Powder)
- Accumulation of toxins with qi and blood stagnation: ModifiedTōng Qiào Huó Xuè Tāng* (Orifice-Freeing Blood-Quickening Decoction)
- Pathogens blocking the shaoyangchannels with ear orifice obstruction: Modified Xiăo Chái Hú Tāng (Minor Bupleurum Decoction) or modified Tōng Qì Săn (Qi-Freeing Powder) from the Correction of Errors in Medical Works (Yī Lín Găi Cuò, 医林改错).
- Congealing of phlegm and stagnant blood congestion, and blockage in the ear orifice: Modified Èr Chén Tāng (Two Matured Substances Decoction) and Bŭ Yáng Huán Wŭ Tāng* (Yang-Supplementing and Five-Returning Decoction).
*We don’t keep these formulas pre-made, however we can custom compound them to meet your exact specifications.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.